Power overload cause of junction boxes catching fire?

TANGEDCO staff in Mylapore are facing tough times this summer – their junction power supply boxes are on fire due to power overload in the areas they feed.

This Tuesday morning, a box outside St Isabel’s Hospital was on fire and the TANGEDCO team that rushed to the spot had to put out the fire.

Power went off in the Musiri Road area soon after the blaze was noticed by passersby.

A similar incident took place on South Mada Street some days ago; the fire though a small one had to be put out quickly.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 and is filed under Civic. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply