Garden waste burnt in judges bungalows affect residents

Residents living off Dr D G S Dhinakaran Road opposite Adyar Poonga zone say that burning of garden waste inside the campuses that house the residences of state judges and other VIPs is causing severe pollution and affecting seniors who have respiratory problems.

They have mailed pictures of smoke rising from the bungalows off the main road, showing smoke rising up.

“Our sincere request to all the judges staying in the housing complex and bungalows in the area adjoining the TN Music College to request their staff not to burn waste in the evenings,” said a mail from one resident, who wants to remain anonymous.

Residents of Ramaniyam Towers near the music college also say that smoke is thock and stifling and affects them too.

This practice raised an alarm on Monday night when a Warren Road resident alerted this newspaper to thick smoke rising from C P Ramaswamy Road. Later, MT staff found that a huge mound of garden waste was being burnt near Mookambika Complex.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 19th, 2020 and is filed under Civic, Corona Virus News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Comments (1)

 

  1. Rajagopal says:

    Thank you for posting this. And drawing attention of the public to this.

Leave a Reply