Land grab cases: DCP says complaints must be filed at CoP office

A special cell for investigating land grabbing was launched in all districts of Tamil Nadu. This follows complaints from the public about intimidation and coercion.

Mylapore zone Deputy Commissioner of Police, S. V. Karuppasamy says his office has not received any complaints so far.

This is what he had to say in a phone interview –

Have you got any complaints of land grabbing in Mylapore?
No, so far there is no complaint from this neighbourhood. Mylapore is a well – established area and there are very little chances of such a complaint.

Would the local area police station accept such complaints?
We accept complaints only if the monetary value of the land is small. Otherwise one has to approach the City Police Commissioner’s office in Egmore.

How does one lodge a complaint?
Those who wish to do so need to submit a written complaint at the Commissioner’s Office. There is a special cell that has been set up for this purpose.

No tags for this post.