Mylaporeans who are concerned about the fallout of the traffic diversions made due to Chennai Metro project work have told officials that the condition of roads / streets where the vehicles are diverted must be improved by relaying them and filling up potholes.
This was one of the issues that people presented at a meeting which Chennai Metro organised on Saturday evening at a private venue around Luz Circle.
It was a face-to-face meet between Mylaporeans and officials of Metro, GCC, Police and others.
Traders / hawkers of Luz zone and community activists as well as residents of Mylapore-Mandaveli – Luz attended the meeting.
Below are other key issues raised at the meet –
– Traffic Police must be posted at vital points of diversion ,in addition to the posting of private traffic marshalls.
– All Mada Streets must be made free of all forms of encroachments.
– Use Greenways Road and South Canal Bank Road to take big volumes of traffic
– Get MTC in citizens meetings on this project – there is a need to deploy small buses since key bus stops / station zones are fenced off now.
– Consider using pathway to ground alongside P S High School by people who have to reach P S Senior School.
– Book all violators who drive down streets declared One Way
– Reported by Baskar Seshadri