Mada street hawker escapes from stove on fire

A snacks hawker on East Mada Street had a providential escape Thursday evening when a small fire engulfed the stove on her cart. She was at work opposite the ther of Sri Kapali Temnple, making and selling snacks.
The stove went up in flames and this may have been due to gas leak  or oil spillage. Traffic was held up because a man had knocked down the stove and then pushed away the cart.  The woman hawker and a lad with her were safe.
A few bajji hawkers run their business on the street and in the open, cooking with unprotected fire. But no action is taken against what can be potential danger.
Report, photo by C. R. Balaji

Join the Conversation, leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *