Fire Services saves man, son from fire

Fire fighters managed to save restauranteur Venkatesh and his son from a fire that engulfed his house located on Mundagakanni Amman Koil Street in Mylapore on Monday. The fire was said to have been caused by a leak from a domestic gas cylinder.

The fire broke out in the kitchen and Venkatesh’s wife, Jasmine managed to run out along with her daughter. But her husband who was in the adjoining room along with their son locked themselves up to escape the fire but could not seek an escape route as the windows were all sealed.

The Fire Services van had arrived by then and the firemen decided to brave the fire and rescued Venkatesh and his son. Most parts of the house were charred.

Venkatesh runs a restaurant on Dr. Radhakrishnan Road, Mylapore.

Join the Conversation, leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *