Fire breaks out at CitiCentre mall on Monday

A fire broke out on the third floor of CitiCentre shopping mall on Dr Radhakrishnan Salai on Monday afternoon.

Fire Services teams put out the fire and later said a short circuit in the power supply system in a store-cum-office may have been the cause of the fire.

The fire was restricted to a small section of the mall.

One person who worked at this shop suffocated as huge plumes of smoke engulfed the space – possibly caused by the burning plastic chairs and other stocks. He swooned and had to be taken to a local hospital.

 

Join the Conversation, leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *