TANGEDCO’s main focus this monsoon is to ensure that power supply is uninterrupted during the rains and accidents are prevented. For the past few weeks, work has been going on to raise pillar boxes and bury exposed cables.
K. S. M. Ravichandran, the assistant executive engineer of the Mylapore area says, “In areas susceptible to water logging, the pillar boxes are being raised to almost three feet. Pillar boxes that have any temporary wires are being normalised too. Doors that have been damaged are being repaired or replaced and exposed cables are being buried”.
He continues, “In every division we have been arranging awareness programmes for the residents and putting up banners on how to stay safe during the rains. This information has been displayed next to our bill payment counters too”.
STAYING SAFE: TANGEDCO’s TIPS
TANGEDCO’s Mandaveli area engineer R. Shivakumar says, “Pillar boxes have been raised at Bharathi Nagar at Mandaveli, South Canal Bank Road, V. C. Garden and several other areas”. He gives residents a few tips to stay safe during the rain.
1. Inform TANGEDCO officials if a pillar box is seen open or its doors are seen hanging or wide open. Do not attempt to close them yourself.
2. If you spot a cut cable wire,stay away and inform your local TANGECO office.
3. Do not tie cows and other animals to pillar boxes or TANGEDCO poles.
– Mandaveli, San Thome, Foreshore Estate areas – 24641134
– Mylapore, Luz, Alwarpet areas – 28112526, 9445850787.
– R. A. Puram, R. K. Nagar, KVB Gardens, Srinivasa Avenue residents – 24937383.