Fire destroys shop on Warren Road

A fire broke out at the shop on Warren Road on Friday night. Fire Service personnel arrived at the scene quickly and put out the raging fire which affected a few shops around it.

This shop is said to repair refrigerators and it is said a spark at the shop may have set off the fire. Onlookers here said the fire broke out at around 7 p.m.

Nobody was injured.

Residents here say that this shop is among a row of shops that line the busy road and may be encroaching on public land and are probably illegal structures. They obstruct traffic flow and residents say GCC must check the area and remove encroachments here.

No tags for this post.