Minor fire in Saravana Bhavan restaurant complex, Mylapore

A small fire broke out in the 4th floor of the Hotel Saravana Bhavan complex in North Mada Street, Mylapore early on Tuesday morning.

The fire was noticed around 5.30am by the security person and he alerted the fire service and police.  Fire Services extinguishers arrived and doused the fire.

It is assumed now that an electrical short circuit could be the reason for the fire.

The restaurant staff stay on the 4th floor; they moved out when the alarm was sounded.

  • Report, photo: Baskar Seshadri