Huts, houses burnt in fire in Dooming Kuppam early Saturday

At least twelves huts / single-room houses at the seaside end of Dooming kuppam in San Thome were burnt down in a fire in the early hours of Saturday.

The fire was caused by a short circuit in the power lines that serve the houses in this particular area.

There was no loss of life but almost all houses lost their roofs and clothes and utility goods were burnt in the fire. Mylapore MLA R Nataraj visited the area this morning, his aides said.

Local residents say that many huts draw power illegally from one household that has a legal power connection and that this is common across the kuppam and these illegal, overloaded lines are cause of mishaps here.

  • Report, photo; Madhan Kumar / MT
This entry was posted on Saturday, May 18th, 2019 and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply