Four nuns of the congregation of the Franciscan Sisters of Our Lady of Bon Secours will celebrate their 50 years as nuns at a special Mass and meet to be held at their Provincialate in Alwarpet on Sunday.
This campus, located on the TTK Road and St Mary’s Road axis also houses a school, a convent and a church.
The nuns, whose congregation was founded by a French priest in Pondicherry in the 1840s and were then invited by the bishop in Mylapore to take over a school. In 1895, the nuns began to manage what is now called St Lazarus Middle School. Soon, the foundation of what late became St Anthony’s Girls School on Mada Church Road was set up.