A minor fire was reported at an apartment complex at MRC Nagar on Sunday (Aug 20) afternoon.
According to fire personnel, the fire control room received a call a little after 12 p.m. about smoke emanating from a house on the second floor of an apartment complex there. The complex has about four blocks and 150 houses.
Three fire tenders from Mylapore and one from Egmore were immediately dispatched and the fire was put out in 15 minutes. The fire was triggered by a short circuit in the refrigerator, say fire personnel.