Fire due to short circuit: TANGEDCO offers some security tips

Monday’s fire at the Sri Krishna Sweets shop in Venkatesa Agraharam, Mylapore may have been caused by a electrical short circuit. A strong indicator of this were the thick, large fumes of smoke that emanated from the shop.

TANGEDCO’s Mandaveli area engineer says people at home, office or shops can take the following steps to prevent such a fire.

– A good circuit breaker must be installed both inside the house and outside at the main source of supply. This will lead to immediate tripping whenever a short circuit arises.
– The fuse carrier wire must be thin and not thick.
– In case there is a fire, don’t use water. Use sand or a fire extinguisher instead.
– Call or send a message to your nearest EB office or to the fire station immediately.

Join the Conversation, leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *