Chennai Traffic Police is implementing major traffic changes in and around Kutchery Road from Saturday, Dec.10.This is on a TRIAL basis for a week – till Dec. 16 – in view of the work taken up by the Chennai Metro Rail Limited.
Most importantly, cars, buses and vans cannot have free access from the Luz Circle end to San Thome Cathedral end.
These are the changes —
1. The existing One-Way system at Kalvivaru Street is modified restricting the movement of vehicles from Mundagakanni Amman Koil Street to Kutchery Road; vehicles will be allowed from Kutchery road to Mundagakanni Amman Koil Street.
2. Light motor vehicles from Luz Junction through Kutchery Road to San Thome High Road are restricted and will be diverted at Kalvivaru Street, Mundagakanni Amman Koil Street and Bazaar Road.
3. Light motor vehicles from San Thome towards Luz through Kutchery Road are restricted and diverted at Devadi Street, Nadu Street, R K Mutt Road (or) Madha Church Road and R K Mutt Road.
4. MTC bus No. 12B movement – from Luz to Foreshore Estate terminus through Kutchery Road is restricted and diverted at Royapettah High Road, Dr. R K Salai and San Thome High Road and on the return route, up to V.M. Street, the movement is as usual.
5. MTC bus 12X movement – from Luz to Foreshore Estate terminus through Kutchery Road is restricted and diverted at R K Mutt Road and South Canal Bank Road and on the return route, up to Mandaveli bus stand, it will run as usual and move along Venkatakrishna Road and R K Mutt Road.