AIADMK candidate for Mylapore, R. Nataraj has put out key promises he offers Mylaporeans if elected.
Here are the key ones –
Implementation of Metro Rail project connecting Lighthouse to Nandanam and towards Adyar will be closely monitored with least inconvenience to the public.
2. Beautification of Mada Streets.
3. Establishing a shopping complex at Venkatesa Agraharam in Mylapore to shift roadside vegetable shops to this complex
4. Building a Yatri Niwas in Mylapore for the benefit of devotees who visit Kapaleeswarar Temple.
5. Construction of multi-level car parking facility in many places.
6. Completion of Kalvi Varu Street beautification along the Canal
7. Resettlement of people living along the Canal in Housing Board tenements.
8. Follow-up of new construction of tenements in Palakmanyam, Kapali thottam, Visalakshi thottam , Marwadi thottam, Vanniyambathi, Valleswarar thottam, Nochi Kuppam, Dumming Kuppam and Sreenivasa puram. Process the issue of patta to all those in Slum Clearance Board settlements, a long pending issue.
9. Beautification of the Canal Road from Kutchery Road, Luz, Subbarayan Street, Mandaveli Railway station up to Greenways Road.
10. Build a modern facility for fish market at San Thome with cold storage and proper shops for sale of marine products. Beautify Loop Road.
11. Stormwater drains in all the seven wards particularly in certain low lying areas in Seethamma Colony will be strengthened.
12. Old drainage pipes will be identified and replaced with proper capacity pipes to carry the sludge which will prevent clogging of drains.
13. Identify tailend water consumer areas and take action to increase supply to ensure equitable distribution of Metrowater supply.
14. Construction of bus stand at Mandaveli taking the adjacent Slum Board land so that jointly Transport and Housing department can ensure optimum usage of available land for requirements of both departments.
15. Shift the RTO office from VC Garden Street to some other place with sufficient open space for inspection of vehicles.
16. Improve academic inputs for students in schools, impart skill training to youth to improve employability. Establish modern gymnasium, improve playing facility in all the wards
19. Construct a auto repair workshop for mechanics and resettle all the roadside workshops at a common facility.
20. Take meticulous action to implement multifarious welfare schemes like delivery of ration articles at doorstep, solar stove, washing machine, etc.