The entire social media was abuzz on Monday with the news that the Advocate General
( TN Govt) had declared in Madras High Court that it would be withdrawing the Govt order
relating to the take over of Sri Adhi Kesava Perumal Temple in Mylapore and that this would
be done within the next two weeks.
Mylapore Times had last week reported both sides (Trustee as well as the HR & CE) of the story last week
even as the events unfolded (https://www.mylaporetimes.
com/2021/08/govt-plans-to- take-over-sri-adhi-kesava- perumal-temple-trustee-to-go- to-court/).
NC Sridhar, who had been the Trustee of the temple since 2002, also confirmed this development and said that he would be talking to his advocate regarding the next steps to be taken from his side.
Interestingly though, on Monday evening, P Sekar Babu, the HR & CE Minister (https://www.mylaporetimes.
com/2021/08/hr-ce-minister- alleges-that-trustee-of-aadhi- kesava-perumal-temple-has- sold-temple-lands/) told this writer in an exclusive chat that there were some ‘technical glitches’ relating to the case and that they would be refiling the case after the technical aspects were cleared.
One of the aspects, he said, was that the judge who was to hear the case had appeared for N C Sridhar as an advocate many years ago and hence he wanted to stay away from this case on those grounds.
Sekar Babu confirmed that this would be filed before a different bench of the Madras High Court and that
this case would be taken up again.
He ruled out the possibility of handing the temple back to the existing trustees who had been in charge for the last two decades or so.
– Report by S Prabhu